Safe Kids North Texas - Fort Worth (SKNT)
Established in 1992 as Safe Kids Tarrant County, now known as Safe Kids North Texas - Fort Worth (SKNT) is a nationally recognized community coalition led by Cook Children’s. The mission of SKNT is to work together in a long-term, multifaceted effort to prevent unintentional childhood injury.
Safe Kids North Texas - Fort Worth, is a collaboration of public and private organizations, as well as individuals across 11 counties who are invested in the safety of children. The program also works to increase awareness of and access to injury prevention services. Currently, our coalition focuses on child passenger safety, drowning prevention, gun safety and poison prevention.
Strategic plan objectives
- Engage community partners to expand safety efforts
- Provide training to community partners on key injury areas
- Share awareness, education and prevention tools with families most at risk for injury
Our focus areas
- Provides free car seat checks to instruct families on safe installation
- Distributes new car seats to families with urgent needs
- Offers national certification courses to those interested in becoming certified technicians
- Raises awareness through nationally recognized Lifeguard Your Child® campaign
- Provides educational toolkits and collateral to community partners
- Manages loaner life jacket stations at select lakes
- Provides education through Cook Children's Aim for Safety® program
- Focuses on safe storage, safe children and safe play
- Helps to reduce gun injuries through family interventions
- Provides poison/medication safety education to families: safe dosing, safe storage, safe disposal
- Distributes medication lock boxes to families after educational sessions
- Offers poison prevention train-the-trainer courses to professionals
Join our coalition
Questions or comments
If you have any questions or would like more information about our program, please email Safe Kids North Texas - Fort Worth firstname.lastname@example.org.